Bainimarama has told us that Native land is safe under his constitution. He won’t answer our questions, so every member of the RFMF, as his representative, should be able to help their relatives understand if this is true.
Here are a few simple questions we should all be asking our RFMF relatives.
– What do they know about the Land Use Decree?
– Why does the Land Use Decree not say one word about the need for landowner approval before land is leased for 99 years?
– Why does the Land Use Decree not say one word about the Land Bank, even though the Land Use Decree gives to the PM the power to issue leases from the Land Bank?
– Why does the Land Use Decree not say one word about how rents are set and how they should be reviewed at regular intervals to ensure that rents keep pace with inflation and the changing value of land?
– Why does the Land Use decree over-ride the Native Lands Trust Act?
– Why does the Land Use Decree say that no decisions made by PM or any official can be appealed in a a court or tribunal of any kind?
The Land Use Regulations made by the Minister contain all the rules for leasing but these can be changed by the Minister without approval of Parliament and the Regulations cannot be challenged in any court or tribunal.
– Why does the Land Use Act say the PM must give equal weight to the interests of landowners and the economy?
Any of the RFMF stooge pack who like to blog can feel free to answer any of the questions, but it’s answers we want, not abuse, not claims about what the Qarase Government did. The Qarase Government is not about to impose a new constitution which removes ALL protection for Native land. It’s Bainimarama who needs to answer questions.